Sunday, May 14, 2006

Personal Log, Week One - Location: Rizal, Philippines

Ik ben allen... Ja, ben ik allen...

I live now in Baras, Rizal. I will live here for three weeks. I am doing good. I'm alone for the first time in my life and I am doing good. I'm with people I have met and been with for only a few days. Some of them are fun, some of them aren't. We are actually all different people, with different upbringings but we are all getting along just fine.

I am learning and doing a lot of things here that is very much NEW to me. I live in a place wherein technology is pre-warp. (Trekkies and via-astrians, you know this.. hehe) Ja, there is a computer here but there are 16-18 of us who use it so there isn't much chance for it. Secondly, the internet here is slow and if I go to an "internet cafe", it's a bit far and a bit nakakatamad.

I miss so many things that I've usually taken for granted. For one, I terribly miss my mother. Vandaag is moederdag. Yep, it's mother's day and I'm not home to greet my mother that. But I'm here. This was a choice. I have to live by this choice. Eventually, volgend jaar (next year), I won't still be able be able to greet her personally. Ik hou van je, Mama. (I love you, Mom.)

Then there's my silent but sometimes very makulit sister. I miss her a lot. I miss her nagging me into start acting my age. Or nagging me to behave... And I miss her pancakes for snacks... I miss her popcorn... I miss fooling around with her... Ik hou van je, sis. (I love you sis.)

Then there are the boys. Myn vier broers... I miss their nutty brothers... Zij zijn gek! I want to come back home to all that noise and craziness and just be there! Ik hou van jullie. (I love you guys!)

For example, my obsolete but very well-loved computer. I miss it! I miss my MP3 player! I feel like I'm about to go nuts without it... *sigh* I miss my nutty but very cool MP3s... Oh and I miss my DVD player! Oh i miss having Charmed Marathons with the boys...

MOST OF ALL, I miss DANGGIT!!!! How could I ever take this food for granted! I miss it so much that my mouth is already watering at the thought of it...

Three more weeks and I'm free... I'm home free, back in Cebuano soil and I'm cool! Cebu, three more weeks and I'm home... :)

1 Comments:

Blogger rmacapobre said...

when i graduated from college and as soon as i was able to afford it i moved out of my parents house. ten years later i still think that it was a good thing to create my own life apart from my family.

this doesnt mean i miss them less. in fact i understand what youre saying. i miss my family terribly but i also think this is something we all must do. leave the nest ..

everytime im away from cebu .. i also feel the same way .. haha unsaon na lang if youre abroad na .. patay .. ^_^

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home